When I was in school, I wasn’t what you would normally call “hot.” I had freckles, red hair, I was slightly chubby and I wore a lot of black. Like, a lot. But as I got older, my style changed, and all the things that I hated about myself as a teenager made me attractive as a grown woman.
Hindsight is 20/20, and at times, I think of myself of the nerdy, gothy, awkward teenager that no guy gave a second look. This happens to a lot of us. As teenagers, we’re too tall, too short, too thick, too thin, too quiet, too loud, too… well, everything. And the way people thought of us back then can really stick with us as adults.This brings me to the burning question: Are you hot and don’t even realize it? The short answer is: yes! Because you’re all beautiful in your own wonderful and unique ways. It sounds corny and cliche, but it’s true. Here are a few signs you may be way more attractive than you think:
1. PEOPLE LOOK UP WHEN YOU WALK BY.
Have you noticed that when you walk by someone, people kind of look up at you? That’s called presence, and you have it. You turn heads because you’re attractive just by being who you are.
2. WOMEN (AND MEN) DON’T NECESSARILY COMPLIMENT YOU A LOT.
A lot of women assume that you know you’re hot, so you don’t get a lot of compliments (which can sometimes make you think that you’re not hot, unfortunately!).
3. THE BEST DATING/RELATIONSHIPS ADVICE ON THE WEB – SPONSORED If you’re reading this, check out Relationship Hero, a site where highly trained relationship coaches get you, get your situation, and help you accomplish what you want. They help you through complicated and difficult love situations like deciphering mixed signals, getting over a breakup, or anything else you’re worried about. You immediately connect with an awesome coach on text or over the phone in minutes. Just click here…
4. PEOPLE COMPLIMENT YOU IN AN OFF-HAND MANNER.
“Oh, but you get that a lot since you’re so [insert compliment here], I bet!” Em… I’m sorry, but no?
5. PEOPLE ARE SHOCKED WHEN YOU TELL THEM ONE OF YOUR (PHYSICAL) INSECURITIES.
We often hate things about ourselves that make us stick out, but that’s often what makes us attractive, so people don’t understand when we’re insecure about it. “Ugh, I hate my eyes, they’re too big!” can seem like the oddest statement to someone who hadn’t been called “frog eyes” for their entire childhood.
6. MORE THAN ONCE, YOU’VE HAD A HANGER-ON ON A NIGHT OUT.
OK, sometimes these guys are weird for weird’s sake, but at other times you’ve simply mesmerized them and they can’t help but gaze at you as you awkwardly try to ignore them while sipping on your drink.
7. A FEW MONTHS WITHOUT SOME ACTION IS A LOT FOR YOU.
You’re often in relationships, or dating someone, or someone’s into you. And you kind of think that’s normal.
8. YOU STRIVE TO BE YOUR TRUE SELF, AND THAT MAKES YOU IRRESISTIBLE.
While you’re off living your life, trying to be happy, trying to be your authentic self, people are watching on and admiring you for your beauty – inside and out.